As I mentioned in my last worklog status post, December and January were slow months since I have been quite busy working on my master’s dissertation + holidays. Thus, I decided to write this post containing all my Fedora activity for the past 3 months here.
Some of the packages I maintain had a few problems either during the Fedora 28 Mass Rebuild or for some other reasons. Also, Igor Gnatenko have been experimenting with removing GCC from Fedora BuildRoot, and some of the packages I maintain were missing BRs. The list is below:
I ofter have problems with Hugo dependencies, since I do not maitain all of them in Fedora. I will dedicate a whole post for this matter soon.
There was an interesting discussion related to python-booleanoperations, where someone questioned the fact that the package used a library which had some restrictions regarding derivative works. We discussed the difference between using a library and performing derivative work on it (these are totally different things). I may dedicate a future post for this topic as well.
I sent a patch to rpkg to change the default .rpmlint on package repositories to use pkgname.rpmlint instead. This was totally not my idea though. There was a discussion in the devel mailing list where some people suggested the change and I thought it would be a good idea to contribute with the discussion (by sending the patch).
To receive updates from this site, you can subscribe to the RSS feed of all updates to the site in an RSS feed reader.